Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Best Week 1 Running Back Starters

The best week 1 fantasy football starting running backs are as follows:

  1. Larry Johnson @ Houston Texans - LJ will have a good first game against Houston.
  2. Frank Gore vs. Arizona Cardinals - 2 TDs last year in opener vs. Arizona.
  3. Joseph Addai vs. New Orleans Saints - Colts will move the ball all night long.
  4. Reggie Bush @ Indianapolis Colts - Colts will have a problem defending Reggie Bush.
  5. Edgerrin James @ San Francisco 49ers - Over 100 yards in last game vs. SF

3 comments:

Borracho said...

Here's to hoping you are right on the money T. I drafted both Bush and Edge in my league the weekend before last.

Unknown said...

I have to Portis and Julius Jones on my team and need to fill my second RB slot with one or the other. I have read that Portis is about healthy, but perhaps it's a bit soon to put him in. Thoughts?

Appreciate the insight.

Snake Plissken

Trev said...

Who is your 1RB? Portis is the riskier play but has a higher upside. However, he may lose carries to Ladell Betts since he is coming off an injury. Julius Jones will get carries, but may not score very many points. Nevertheless, I think I would still play Portis this week because you won't lose much by not playing Jones.