Friday, February 01, 2013

Health Tips for A-Rod

According to ESPN, Anthony Bosch injected A-Rod with PED's multiple times in A-Rod's mansion in Biscayne Bay. This is still a developing story, but if true, it could mean a 50 game suspension for A-Rod and possible the end of his career with the Yankees. The Yankees are rumored to be looking for ways to terminate A-Rod's contract.

I am not a doctor, but I would never use performance enhancing drugs to provide a short term gain while potentially sacrificing my long term health. This type of short-term thinking never seems to work out in the long run for athletes who use PED's....I'm looking at you Lance Armstrong. A-Rod has already admitted to PED's earlier in his career. If these new rumors are true, I suspect that his legacy will face a similar fate as that of Lance Armstrong's. They bent the rules to gain an advantage and in doing so they tarnished their legacies, potentially damaged their bodies, and set a terrible example of how to rise to the top of professional sports. My concern is that our talented young athletes will also see PED's as a quick way to the top, even at the risk of a long term flameout.


No comments: