Thursday, August 11, 2005

Fantasy Football League - Question of the Day?

What is your favorite position to draft from?

My primary league is a 10 player league and each year we choose what position we would like to pick from based upon how we finished in the standings the previous year.

Most people in the league like to pick in the middle of the pack.

I prefer picking #1 or #2. Why? Because you are guaranteed a fantasy stud. You can't necessarily say that when you pick from the lower positions.

I believe that a good fantasy football player should be able to put together a winning team drafting from any position. But if you back me into a corner, I'm going to take #1 or #2.

Here are my first three picks from last year:

1. Priest Holmes
2. Torry Holt
3. Peyton Manning

The number one or two pick pretty much guarantees you a stud running back and a stud wide receiver. I was lucky to get Manning in the third round last year and I'm sure that won't happen again. However, if he wasn't there, I still would have ended up with a solid #2 back or another top tier receiver.

Point scorers are everything in fantasy football. As you draft, you should always take the player that is going to score you the most points.

No comments: