Friday, August 26, 2005

Fantasy Football League - Question of the Day? Peyton Manning

Should Peyton Manning be the top pick in your NFL fantasy draft?

My answer would be no. I was lucky enough to get Manning at the beginning of the third round of my draft last year. Don't get me wrong, he's a lot of fun to have on your team. But if you are drafting in the top 3 or 4 spots and you take Manning, then you are going to end up with a very mediocre set of running backs. On the other hand, if you take a running back with one of the top 3 or 4 picks, then you can still get a very good QB in the 4th or 5th round (Trent Green, Drew Brees). Also, its unlikely that Manning will put up 49 touchdowns again this year.

If you can get Manning late in the first round, I would say go ahead and do it. You can pick him there and still get a quality running back in the second round. I would try to stay away from him though if you have one of the top 3 or 4 picks in the draft.

No comments: