Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Fantasy Football League - Question of the Day? Which QB will score the most points in week 1?

It's time to start looking at week one matchups with the first regular season game kicking off a week from tomorrow.

Today's question is: Which QB will score the most fantasy points in week 1 of the regular season?

Last year the answer to this question was Peyton Manning - about every single week. But this year the Indianapolis Colts open the season against the tough defense of the Baltimore Ravens.

In fact, a lot of the top QB's will face tough defenses in week one. That's why I think that Brett Favre has the best opportunity to light up the fantasy football scoreboard. He faces a Detroit Defense in the dome that he tore apart last season. The Detroit D is fresh of a spanking by St. Louis on Monday night.

Look for Favre to throw for 300 yards and a couple of touchdowns when Green Bay visits the Lions.

1 comment:

bfos said...

I'm intrigued by this question as I have Payton Manning and Mark Bulger on my team.

Bulger has a much easier task against SF.

However, just looking at last how my QB's performed against these teams last year makes me feel better about Payton.

He through for 250+/1/0. I think that sounds reasonable for this matchup again. I'm happy as long as he throws more TD's than INT's and survives.

Bulger, in one game against SF, through for 150/1/0. In the other game, he left early with a shoulder injury.

I think I'm staying with the man I payed for.