Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Will Cadillac Williams Return to Rookie Form?

Ken Daube at ESPN fantasy football is predicting that Cadillac Williams has a good chance of returning to his rookie form. Here are his predictions:

300 carries, 1,140 yards rushing, six touchdowns, 25 catches and 145 yards receiving

He argues that RB's usually see a decline in yards per carry in their second year, and then bounce back in their third year. He also thinks that Jeff Garcia will significantly improve the QB play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I think that Daube makes a solid case, however, I'm not usually one to take fantasy football risks by a players potential to improve. I wouldn't take Cadillac before the 5th round, but most likely he'll be gone by then. I would rather spend my hard earned early round picks on proven players and then take chances later in the draft.

Espn currently has Carnell Williams ranked as the 29th overall pick in the fantasy football draft and the 21st RB.

No comments: