Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Overvalued and Undervalued FFL RB's

TJ Thomas of FFtoday published an article this week discussing overvalued and undervalued running backs. They are as follows:

Overvalued:

  1. Larry Johnson
  2. Maurice Jones-Drew
  3. Marshawn Lynch

Undervalued

  1. Travis Henry
  2. Carnell "Cadillac" Williams
  3. Deuce McAllister

I agree with most of these but disagree with a couple. I understand that the Chiefs offensive line is in a state of transision, but I disagree that having Damon Huard at QB will have a huge effect on the running game. Huard led the Chiefs through the first 10 weeks of the season last year before Trent Green returned and did pretty well. Look for a slight decline from LJ, but nothing to panic about.

ESPN's Matthew Berry lists Maurice Jones-Drew as one of the players he loves and says he will have a monster year. I tend to lean more toward's Berry's analysis than Thomas....although I do get skeptical when the hype gets too high on a player. However, Jones-Drew is a huge talent and will have some huge fantasy football games this year.

Finally, Travis Henry has a lot of potential but I would hardly say he is undervalued. I think injuries could be a real concern for Henry this year, and I'm always skeptical of a Denver RB getting the majority of the carries for an entire year.

No comments: